Saturday, August 26, 2006

Iceland in July

I am so far behind here, getting the trip to Norway done took time. I did want to get it done without writing anything else in between and I managed that and I managed to get far behind too. Well. After Norway I had 4 days to unpack wash and pack again. Being in far north reminded me of the summer weather in Iceland, at least how it can be so I packed warm things. It has rained a lot all summer and the first few days were cloudy and some rain. Ásta and I flew up together but she had to go back to work, so she went back after 4 days. But we did spend time together there and on the Sunday we even got some sunshine. Here she is with Guðrún Brynjólfsdóttir, Dadda and Binni's daughter.

We went to visit them all in their summerhouse and as we were there the sun decided it was time to show her face, and that she did. Guðrún's little brother looks like he has been in a fight, but I assure you, it is not as serious as it looks.

And around Christmas the two of them will have a little sister or brother. That same Sunday we went for a bite to eat at a little place downtown called Sægreifinn. It is just across the street from Hildur and Gunnar's place and Hildur met us there and then we went over to congratulate Gunnar on his birthday. Here she is with Kjartan who owns Sægreifinn, they are actually related. Oh, and by the way, we went to Sægreifinn first, and then for coffee at Dadda's place.

No comments: