Thursday, June 15, 2006

Yes, Salt Cedar can be found in Scandinavia

We decided to celebrate Janke's birthday this Monday by crossing the bridge to Sweden. It was a wonderful sunny day and we visited a place not far from Staffanstorp that sells plants and herbs and has a café and a wonderful old fashioned garden were we enjoyed our food in beautiful surroundings.
Salt Cedar or Tamarix Ramosissima (hope I have spelled this correctly) is not a common tree/bush in Scandinavia, but there it is, in bloom. Pink tiny flowers in May/June so we were indeed very lucky.
A good day and tomorrow a new birthday, Janke's mother will be 80. I will be taking the camera along and hopefully I'll have a nice shot to publish in a day or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This must be Tirups herb garden! That's a great place and lovely in the winter, as well. You were only about 15 minutes from me. Next time, give me a call and I'll come down for a fika and charm Janke. I can take portraits of you two.

Guðrún Gísladóttir said...

Yes, it is that place. I got the "go to Sweden" idea a few days before, but we didn't make any plans untill that same morning, we just googled "skåne" and "handikapvänlig" or something like that. She has a greenhouse, so plants are always welcome.