Monday, June 19, 2006

Our "Hurtigruten" on MS Trollfjord

Well, there you have it - our itinerary for the trip to Norway. We are leaving on June 26th and will be back on July 7th.
Now all I have to do is pack. There is a washing machine on board, so we can be light travellers. The hard decision is what reading material to bring along. On WWTTA (link on this page) we will be reading a wonderful collection of Virginia Woolf, 6 titles in all and I will bring one book from that list. Other than that title, this is the current shortlist that I will be making much shorter in a day or two:
Suzanne Brøgger, Sejd is a collection of essays, excellent on a trip.
Ida Jessen, Det første jeg tænker på, published earlier this year.
Katarina Mazetti, Grabben i graven bredvid, Swedish but in an Icelandic translation, done by my good friend Hildur. (Already started, might even finish befor we leave).
Zadie Smith, On Beauty. (Have read a few pages, it is promising).
Mozart's letters in a collection from last year. But I am afraid it is too heavy.
Karen Joy Fowler, The jane Austen Book Club.
Any ideas from YOU are more than welcome.
I'll be packing my mini-scrabble and playing cards. The others are planning on taking Cranium and TP.
I will be taking my camera and everything that goes with that. I'll even bring the old Nikon F80 along, IF..... It's a film camera, but even if Janke's Point&Shoot is ok, it's not as good as either of mine and my lenses fit on both cameras.
In seven days, we will be on our way to Kastrup.
We: Gunnild, Henry, Ulla, Janke, me, Pia, Peter, Ida & Jarl from Copenhagen and Charlotte, Klaus and Jakob will join us in Trondheim on Day 3.

No comments: