Sunday, June 11, 2006

Do YOU have a Dream?

Maybe a book you want to write, a film to make, a picture to take, a woman/man you want to marry (or divorce)? Is there a house you want to live in? A job you would love to have a go at?
I have not got many dreams or wishes. The biggest one for years has been to have a day of from chronic pain; I still dream and hope that one day it will go away, for ever and a day or just for a day. I dream of taking a vacation from being me. Why doesn't some travel agent specialize in trips away from who we are? Ok, there are drugs that I am told can do that, but I'm not travelling down that road.
Then I have a dream about countries to visit and for years, actually since I was a teenager, I have wanted to travel by boat and see almost the entire Norwegian coast. It's called the Hurtigruten and the home page is
here . I really didn't think it would happen. But, against all odds, I am leaving on June 26th; my mother-in-law decided a few years ago, that for her 80th birthday she would take her clan on a Hurtigruten cruise.
We will be sailing with MS Trollfjord and you can at any time find us by checking
here
I am really looking forward to this trip and have been for a long time. As it is a dream come true, very unexpectedly so, the thought of going is a bit unreal. Maybe it will become real when I am standing on deck with my camera, shooting away. There is an Internet room aboard and I will try to post while we are travelling, here and/or on flickr.com, the link to my pictures on flickr is among the links at the top of this page.

It is important to have dreams, to set goals. I for one need to remember that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, what a wonderful trip! I am so happy for you and hope you find some time (but not too much) to post updated to your blog or send emails to those of us who want to hear more. I've heard of the Hurtigruten and always thought it sounded like a dream trip, too. Your blog is great. I really must remember to check it more often.

Guðrún Gísladóttir said...

Thanks P/A this trip truly is a dream come true. I have promised myself to enjoy every single minute of it and feel extremely privileged to be on my way. There are many variations, but we will be taking the big round tour.
WPL2 starts while I am away so I have to hurry back and get the first shots into action, hope there will be a fitting challenge. Apart from that, I might be adding pictures on flickr.com, so stay tuned. We need to have a GTG soon, I have mentioned it to birkin. I would be glad to cross the bridge this time. Was in fact in Malmö this monday and there is some "indulging" result on dpc at the moment.