Thursday, February 23, 2006

Every Day is Valentine's Day


This has been an unusual winter here in Denmark. More snow than an average winter, more snow than the Danes like, but I have been happy. Guess they prefer rainy days, dark days. After all, snow lights up the world. The past few days have been cold but really sunny (no snow left) and suddenly it felt like spring was just around the corner. After we had fetched Rebekka from kindergarten we went to the park and had hot chocolate and coffee in the sun, thinking just that - spring is on its way. Always the optimists. On our way home I went to the supermarket to fetch some groceries. I was inside for five minutes, and when I came out ... it was snowing. So much for spring being just around the corner.

February brings Valentine’s Day. I feel like every day is Valentine’s Day. It comes from being so lucky in love; there is Rebekka sleeping tight in the next room, Anna at a meeting, Ásta on holiday in Bangkok and Janke getting ready for a writing weekend, away from home. Not to mention my family and all my wonderful friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hæ Móa. Satt allir dagar eru valentins. Sjáumst seinna í dag. Knús Anna Valla