Saturday, February 04, 2006

Cold

It's cold outside and I have a cold. Wonderful sunny weather and we spent most of the day outside. We drove to the lake close to Esrum and from there north to the Tegner museum where I took this picture. To see the sculptures inside, we have to come back in the Spring, as the museum is closed during the Winter. Last stop was north of Hellerup to feed the birds. The new mittens are really good when I am taking pictures. I can just stick out one finger to click the button, and then there is a pocket on each mitten where I can put a small heater in. Today was the first time I tried it and it worked fabulously. I always have had cold hands (but a warm heart) so this is truly wonderful.
But to be able to take the one above, and many more, I had to lie down in the snow. That got me all wet and a bit cold. The heater in the car is excellent and with ginger/lemon/honey tea, I soon got warm again.

Watching the evening news was heartbreaking. The situation that has arisen after the drawings of Mohammed were published is getting worse every day. Now several newspapers throughout Europe have published these same pictures and some papers have made new ones. All in the name of freedom of speech. I honestly can not figure out what body part they use for thinking. The situation gets more complicated every day. A SMS campaign in the Middle East told people that the Koran was being burnt at demonstrations in Copenhagen today (just a rumour, not true). This resulted in the Danish embassy in Syria getting burned to the ground and then the crowd headed for both the Norwegian and Swedish embassy, or so I heard in the news.

Where will this end?

No comments: