Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Could They Care Less?

Interesting how liberals make use of just about any excuse to get away with being disrespectful. Like calling it exercising their right to freedom of speech when you publish pictures of Mohammed. In this case, it means that their right to freedom of speech gives them the right not to respect other people’s religion.

Well. Since I mentioned the matter a few days ago, the Danish PM has apologized and the newspaper has apologized. But there is a difference. The PM has apologized for real, or at least close enough. The newspaper has apologized for possibly hurting someone’s feelings. They have not apologized for what they actually did, they have not said it was wrong of them. They have only said that they are sorry if what they did had a negative effect on someone in any way.

Let’s say that I punch someone really hard in the face. And then I say I am sorry my punch caused a black eye. But I do not say that I am sorry I punched the person in the first place, just sorry he or she has a black eye. Am I then really sorry for what I did?

No comments: