Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Have I Mentioned WPL on DPC?

DPC is short for Digital Photography Challenge. The site I keep visiting - mostly for advice and to see what other people are discussing and doing. I have made permanent links to DPC and to WPL. My nick on DPC is GuGi.
Well. Two weeks ago someone there opened a thread, wanting to start a league. And to cut a long story short, I sent a message to a man in the UK who was making a Nikon team. I thought that this could be a good way of getting to know some other photographers there, but most of all I thought that challenges would pressure me a bit in getting better - or should I say better my scores at DPC, and that is not the same thing as being an excellent photographer. There are some very good photographers there that get low scores. It's a little bit a matter of catering to the taste of the participants. Having said that, I should tell you that the top-scorers are all good photographers, and they sure know how to use Photoshop.
I was accepted into Team Nikon on WPL. The league has started and out of the 84 participants, I am by far the one with the lowest average. At first I slammed my head into my monitor ....... what were you thinking? Now I am a little calmer, it helped that it has been decided to take the 4 best scores in each challenge and use the average from those. Our team has 5 really good photographers, and there are two of us that are low. Some of the other teams, or at least one of them, has made sure that there are only top-score photographers on board. This is going to be so much fun.
I have one entry there now that is being voted on, and it is not doing well. The picture above is one I did not enter into a challenge called "Refractions". I shall post my entries when voting is over and keep you posted on how we are doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration to me! Even if you are on a competing team, I hope you do really well!

(from a neighbor in Sweden and a PixelStorm team member :-) /Amy