Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I Learned Something About Myself Today

We learn things about ourselves every so often – today was one of those.

Because of the demonstrations concerning the Youth House earlier this month, I thought something similar was going on this morning when police, ambulances and even military vehicles went by my window. I looked out the back and saw they were gathered there. I needed some milk and of course wanted to find out if something serious was going on, so I went out. They stood by their cars, the policemen and the military, very relaxed and drinking coffee. Just a drill, no one had been hurt. I bought my milk and some bread, went home, fetched both cameras and went to the top floor and took a few shots.

What I learned about myself? That I didn’t want to take the camera with me when I went out. I could not take shots of a burning house, people hurt or anything like that...

No comments: