Sunday, October 01, 2006

Up close and personal


Borrowed an old 400mm lens from a friend. Really interesting to get so close and yet stay far away. 400mm on a digital camera, in this case my Nikon D70, is the equivalent of 600mm on a filmcamera. I tried it out yesterday for the first time, forgot the tripod at home but I will remember it today. This lens is pretty long and hard to keep still; tripod is a must. No VR here like on the 70-200 I have on my wishlist.
One of my pals on flickr commented that this was not so good a lens "wrinklewise" but this good looking woman, a totatal stranger by the way, does not have to worry, I think she looks great.

Some months ago, I started geting a bit more serious about flickr and my profile there. It is a very different place than dpchallenge.com as there are no competitions and the discussion are about anything and everthing and in a different way, more relaxed. My shots are getting views and comments and faves and this morning I saw that 9 of them are on flickr explorer.

You see them all here: http://flickr.com/photos/myndir/

No comments: