Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Wonders of Photoshop

The challenge here was to take a picture and make it negative. I tried and tried, but none of the pictures were any good when I had inverted them, that is what it is called in Photoshop when you turn the colours around so to speak. I then took a bunch of older pictures stored on my pc and inverted them, just to see if I could figure out what would look good in negative. No luck.
So, I asked my team-mates on Team Nikon and they said to go for flowers. I knew just the place, The Botanical Gardens where Janke and I took Rebekka a few weeks ago. With my photo bag packed and a smile on my face, I hopped on a bus. I can't go wrong now can I, lots of beautiful, exotic flowers in the greenhouses there. The sign said: Closed on Mondays.
I had an errand to run downtown, so I continued on the next bus. When I was about to change to the Metro, I saw this ocean of colours on the other side of the street ... a florist of course. Asked permission and took a lot of shots. This one above is not from there but another florist. The roses are pink on the original, and then I cropped the picture. Why don't I post the other one too, that could be fun. This is almost the same crop.

No comments: