Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Day One

The first question was inevitable ... what language should I write in? I don't have to cut a long story short, there was no long story, and you are reading in the language I picked. Well, family and a lot of friends are Icelandic, but then there are the friends scattered around the globe, friends who like and love me, but have not developed affection for my native language, and they all have English in common (and their love for me :-) ).
Most of you know that I have been part of an innovative project the past 6 months, writing texts on books and authors for the mobile internet. A thrilling experience but the phone company has decided that tones and wallpapers are what they want to give to their customers, not culture. So for now, the project is at a standstill. We might continue, but for now, we're in limbo.
I has been good and very necessary to have some time off:
First of all to rest, it has been hectic and much too much for my health.
Secondly, for my own sake, I needed to spend more time with my loved ones.
Thirdly to take my Nikon D70 out again, the results will appear here.
And last but not least to be able to read books of my one choosing and do some writing of my own.
Hope you'll come by every so often and you are more than welcome to leave a message. Does not have to be in English, but please pick a language familiar to me.
Stay safe.
Guðrún

No comments: